Resources for the FLL Challenge:
Getting Replacement Parts
|Have these resources helped you? Consider making a donation to TechBrick. Click here|
This year's board is super cool. But it does have a lot of little parts and elements that are fun to play with and may very well disappear along the way. If you have lost some parts or a table element here is how you can get them back!
Compiled by Andrew Norton of the Roanoke, VA, RoboDesigners
- It is very important that you practice with the actual elements so DO NOT try to substitute elements with reasonable facsimiles.
- LEGO produces the exact amount of field kits as registrations so you cannot buy a full kit, only individual parts.
- FIRST: Download the parts file. You can use the Table Elements worksheet as a reference: TableElementsCompleteUS.pdf
- Next, go to LEGO.com and their parts replacement area under customer service.
- Enter 9699 for Climate Connections
- Enter 9696 for the Body Forward Challenge
- Enter 9664 For Nature's Fury
- Select Your Age
- Then select "Lost Part" and enter the set number, 9699 (the official part number of the table elements) then click "Search"
- Then choose 100 from the parts dropdown and you'll see all the parts or you can enter the part number directly into the field on the top right. There will be three pages of parts (even though the page dropdown shows 1-22). The parts are not in any particular order so you have to look around. It's probably easier just to enter the parts numbers. Note: You many need to reset the page number to have it show you the results of searching for a specific part number.
- Add parts to your cart as needed. Note that you need to use the light gray plus/minus signs to adjust quantities. Note that it will not let you add more items than were in the original kit and some parts are not in the list. Look them up using the part number search box.
- When you are done scroll to the bottom, choose your country, and click and "Continue"
- Enter your address and contact information and submit.
- LEGO will respond with an email outlining the costs and payment methods.
- Since all LEGO parts are shipped from the Netherlands it will take 3 weeks for you to receive your parts (assuming you pay immediately).
- If you need the parts immediately, or you cannot find a part here, or LEGO is out of stock try www.BrickLink.com using the part numbers.
Back to top
Forest Hill, MD USA
Contact Marco Ciavolino
FIRST®, FIRST® Tech
Challenge, FTC®, FIRST® LEGO League, FLL®, Junior FIRST® LEGO® League,
and JrFLL®, are jointly held
trademarks of FIRST® (www.usfirst.org) and The LEGO Group, neither of which is
overseeing, involved with, or responsible for this activity, product, or