COVID-19 Policy / Updates
Last Updated 09/14/2021
TechBrick COVID-19 Policy in a nutshell:
- Wear a mask! (All participants & adults)
- Get a Vaccine! (All participants & adults, 16 years of age and up)
- Wash / Sanitize hands on entry.
- Don't gather in large groups.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Record your name in the provided visitors log for contact tracing.
Policies in more detail:
What is a TechBrick space? Anywhere we are meeting to conduct in person TechBrick sessions. This includes our main facility on APG, MD, and temporary locations such as First Baptist Church, mentor's houses, community centers, etc.
- All participants & guests ages 2+ must wear a mask at all times while indoors in TechBrick spaces. Failing to wear a mask will result in removal from TechBrick spaces. If you do not have a mask, a disposable mask will be provided to you.
- Masks must cover nose and mouth.
- Multiple layer, tightly fitted masks are strongly encouraged.
- A face shield is not a mask.
Get the Vaccine:
- TechBrick is mandating a vaccine for all in person TechBrick adults who are eligible to receive an FDA approved vaccine (16 years and older).
- TechBrick is strongly recommending a vaccine for all in person TechBrick participants who are eligible to receive an FDA vaccine under EUA (12-15 years old).
- Children under 12 years of age are exempt from this mandate, as there are no currently available or approved vaccines for that age range.
- Immediatly on entering a TechBrick space, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
Don't Gather in large groups:
- Just like we have fire limits on occupancy, we will also be imposing COVID-19 limits on how many teams can be in the same area at the same time. Your program leads & mentors will coordinate individual team meeting times.
- If you are feeling sick (or test positive!), reach out on your team's Discord / Google, and participate remotely. Do not come in.
- Every TechBrick space will have a visitor log near the entrance to record all persons coming to the meeting to facilitate contact tracing. Please fill it out after you have washed or sanitized your hands.
- If TechBrick is informed of any positive COVID-19 tests, we will immediately reach out to any potentially affected parents/guardians.