NEW! What is a Team Info Sheet?
Terry Stevens asked: "The Coaches Manual refers to a Team Introduction Page to be used at the tournaments. I have searched high and low but can't find it. Do you guys have one ? Thanks, Terry"
Some tournaments provide a form. However, in general, the team info sheet is a simple document that reminds the judges of the following:
- Team name
- Team members (include names and a photo)
- Your robot (for technical interview)
- Your project (for research presentation)
- Your team (for the teamwork interview)
As you can see, there can be up to three of these (Tech, Teamwork, and Presentation).
We've included some samples of our previous team info sheets. Some are form-based, others of our own design.
Remember, in most tournaments the judges may see 10-20 teams. A good info sheet provides a reminder for them when it gets down to final scoring.
|CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL TEAM INFO |
Some sample sheets from the past few years.
Be concise, be creative, be clear. Make sure you have good photos.
|Three Climate Maps|
We searched Google Images for 'world climate map' and found a number of global climate schemes. We used these three maps with different classifications to generate a lot of conversation about climate and the unexpected parallel climate areas.
For example: Who knew that Maryland has a similar climate to eastern New Zealand? ROAD TRIP!
All the Rules and Guidelines in One, Handy Document
We've compiled all the various documents for the challenge into one nicely formatted document of 23 pages.
THIS IS ESSENTIAL INFORMATION AND SHOULD BE READ AND RE-READ BY EVERY MENTOR AND TEAM MEMBER. YOUR SUCCESS IS ALMOST ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON YOUR COMPREHENSION OF THIS INFORMATION.
Don't forget to consider ordering your pre-printed assembly instructions!
|NEW! Updated to reflect the latest FAQs 9/12/2008! |
A Practice Scoring Sheet for Strategic Purposes
It is essential that you start early in your work to try timed and scored runs. Even if you only have a few missions done you should still practice them. You have 150 seconds to complete the missions and work towards the gold standard of 400 points.
Corrected 9/10 with suggestions from Doede ten Cate (Netherlands FLL/FTC) and Joshua Heinzl of the New England Robotics Designers.
|Alternate Practice Scoring Sheets and Excel Spreadsheets for Strategic Purposes from TapPoint|
These spreadsheets are available for free use. After clicking a file link, choose Save to save a copy to your hard disk and open it from there (choosing Open may not work). Contact email@example.com to report problems or suggestions.
- The Scoring Sheet in Adobe Reader (pdf) format is designed to be printed out.
- The Scoring Spreadsheet does the math for you if used electronically and can also be printed. It calculates the score of a run as controls in the highlighted column are filled in. Requires Microsoft Excel 97 or later. Suggested uses:
- Have the team members use it electronically to compute their scores.
- Print or Save-As selected runs as desired.
- Close without saving to keep the original sheet blank, or save-over each run to help highlight differences between runs when filling out.
- Print it out and use it as a pencil and paper worksheet to record completed items from a run, then calculate the score later using the electronic version.
- For tournament use, the Scoring Log is an extended version of the Scoring Spreadsheet that includes additional sheets to log and sort scores from multiple teams and multiple runs. It is designed for use in tournaments and scrimmages, but could also be used by a single team to log and track their scores throughout the season if desired. Requires Microsoft Excel 97 or later with macros enabled. Suggested use in a tournament:
- Print copies of the Score sheet for refs to fill out with pencil at the competition tables
- Refs hand the filled in printed sheets to a scorekeeper who uses the electronic Scoring Log to enter and log the runs
- Printed score sheets can be given to the teams to take home at the end of the event
Visit http://www.tappoint.com/robotics/scoring for more info.
|Download the Cool LEGO Ruler With Stud Counters|
You can download a press ready PDF of the cool TechBrick ruler we've been giving out at tournaments.
The ruler features:
- English and metric scales.
- LEGO stud counter.
Read these special instructions first:
- You must print this on US Legal Paper
(8.5 * 14 inches US)
- Print it on card stock for best results.
- Trim carefully at crop marks.
- Make SURE that Acrobat is set to print at 100% and NOT fit to page or margins.
- This file can be used for commercial CMYK (4 color) printing or printing on home or office color printers.
BE SURE TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LEFT FOR PROPER PRINTING OF THIS RULER.
Right click here and choose "Save Target As..." to download the ruler PDF.
Table Elements Instructions Reformatted for Double-Sided Printing (122 pages)
- We combined all the challenges into one document
- We added running headers/footers.
- Made all pages Letter or A4
- It is paginated for double-sided printing.
|Why print these yourself? It will cost you at least $30 (really). Instead, scroll down and order a copy printed on great paper, pre-drilled, in beautiful color.|
Many visitors have asked why these images are here before Sept 5:
Answer: The field kits begin to ship in early August each year. Most registered teams should have received their field kit and mat by this time. In the field kit box (with all the pieces) is a DVD with the assembly instructions. Keep in mind, this only shows you how to build the elements in preparation for the challenge release on Sept 5. On Sept 5 around noon ET the full challenge will be released with details on the table challenge and the research project. Kids love to try to figure out the challenges. We will be assembling our table elements soon and then sending the kids home with our 3-page strategy worksheet to have them think through the possible challenge for our next meeting.
A worksheet for the Challenge Elements
Use these to plan your missions and programming and make assignments during assembly..
- Contains a small image of each of the elements.
- Shows the number of pages of instructions..
|A strategy worksheet for the challenge pieces (3 pages)|
We will send this home with our team on our next meeting. Their homework will be to read the challenge (released on Sept 5), write out each task, and come with at least two ideas for each task. Use this in conjunction with the table worksheet.
|A worksheet for the Challenge Table|
Use these to plan your missions and programming.
- Scaled 1" to 1' or Metric
- Versions in US Letter or UK/EU A4 paper.
- PDF contains three pages with full color, screened color, and grayscale images
- Images are sharp (created from source art)
|11x17 Work Poster for Strategy|
This is a pres-ready PDF in 11 x 17 intended for use as a planning tool with dry markers. Have it output at a vendor like Kinkos. Have mounted and gloss laminated. You can then use dry markers to try different ideas for missions.
Hi-Resolution Mat Art at 150dpi
By popular demand we are providing a hi-res JPG created from original artwork. This document will print well up very large sizes.
Hi-Res Table Elements Images
This zip file includes a 4" wide @300dpi image for each of the table elements.
Step-By-Step Programming Worksheet
A simple worksheet for mission/programming sequences.
Weather Terms: Huge List
This document contains a huge list of weather terms and definitions.